Monday 14 November 2016

Fitness Star Emily Skye Feels 'Happier, Healthier, Stronger and Fitter' After Gaining 28 Lbs.

Fitness star Emily Skye is speaking out to let her followers know that being thin does not make you healthier or happier.



Skye, 29, shared a photo of herself in 2008 at 47 kilograms (about 104 lbs.) and now at 60 kilograms (about 132 lbs.) in a side-by-side comparison on Instagram.



The Australian trainer explains that the first photo is from is before she started strength training.



“I was only doing cardio and I was obsessed with being as skinny as I could be,” she shares. “I was starving myself and was really unhealthy and unhappy. I suffered depression and had terrible body image.”





She has since gained 13 kilograms (about 28 lbs.) through focusing on lifting weights and doing some high-intensity interval training.



“I don't do any long cardio sessions and I eat more than I've ever eaten in my life,” says Skye. “I'm also happier, healthier, stronger and fitter than I have ever been. I no longer obsess over the way I look. I eat and train to feel my best, for overall health and longevity. I love having muscle and I feel more confident than ever.”



“I love my life and I'm so grateful I decided to make those changes several years ago and committed to my healthy lifestyle,” she continues.



Skye encourages her followers to focus on working out and eating clean for overall health, rather than for weight loss.



“Exercise and eat nutritious food because you love yourself and know that you deserve to be your best,” she says. “Try not to focus on being 'skinny' and just focus on your overall health - mental and physical.”



This article originally appeared on People.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment